The Rates List of the Parish of St Brelade for the year 2016 may be inspected at the Parish Hall from Tuesday 3 May 2016 to Tuesday 17 May 2016 inclusive (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Bank and Public Holidays) between the hours of 09:00 to 17:00 each day.
Any questions or queries relating to assessments will be dealt with by members of the Parish Assessment Committee who will be available at the Parish Hall by appointment only on the following dates:
- Tuesday 17 May 2016 between 14:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 19 May 2016 between 17:00 - 19:00
An application may be made to the Parish Assessment Committee for a Review of the proposed rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for Review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or on www.parish.gov.je)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference which must be at least 10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters, whichever is the greater
- if requesting a Review of the assessment of Domestic/Non Domestic must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before Friday 20 May 2016 to the Parish Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall, La Neuve Route, St Brelade JE3 8BS
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005, that once the Rates List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rates List of the Parish for 2016.
Don't forget that you can now access many of your Rates account details online!! Just go to https://services.parish.gov.je using your unique code which is printed on your Notice of Assessment or scan the QR barcode!!